Membership Eligibility and Enrollment
1. To participate in the Direct Energy Marketing Limited (“Direct Energy”) Loyalty Program (the “Program”), a customer must
become a member of the Program (a “Member” or “Program Member”). Membership is absolutely free and no initial purchase is
required. In order to be eligible to become a Member of the Program, an applicant must either be an existing Direct Energy rental
water heater customer or must sign up as a Direct Energy rental water heater customer prior to enrollment in the Program.
2. To enroll in the Program, a customer must fill out a Direct Energy Loyalty Program enrollment form accurately, completely
and legibly (either verbally or in writing). A customer can complete the enrollment form in the following three (3) ways: (a) online
by visiting www.WaterHeaterRewards.com; (b) by speaking with a Direct Energy customer service representative by calling
1-866-721-0558 or (c) by mailing a completed Enrollment Form to Direct Energy c/o ICT Group, 720 Coverdale Road, Door 9,
Riverview, New Brunswick, E1B 3L8.
3. Only one membership in the Program is available per residential household in the Province of Ontario and only in those
areas of Ontario where Direct Energy offers water heater service coverage. Membership is not transferable or assignable. Upon
moving however, the customer may re-enroll in the Program at their new residence, as long as the eligibility criteria set forth
herein are satisfied.
4. Direct Energy Program Members shall advise Direct Energy immediately of any changes of personal information including
name, address and telephone numbers by visiting www.WaterHeaterRewards.com or by contacting a Direct Energy customer
5. Direct Energy reserves the right to refuse enrollment in the Program to a customer who does not follow the prescribed
enrollment procedures or who does not meet the prescribed eligibility requirements set forth herein.
1. Membership in the Program entitles Members to the following benefits:
a. One free furnace maintenance during the Term (as defined below) upon request of the customer, at a time and date to
be scheduled by Direct Energy in its sole discretion. If a customer already has a Direct Energy heating protection plan,
Direct Energy will substitute the free furnace maintenance with another product or service of comparable value (in
Direct Energy’s sole discretion);
b. Access to promotions and discounts on other Direct Energy products and services; and
c. Automatic enrollment in monthly and annual contests and giveaways. Such contests will be governed by additional
terms and conditions applicable therein, such terms to be made available at www.WaterHeaterRewards.com.
1. A customer who enrolls in the Program does so for a term of five years (the “Term”). The Program will terminate for each
enrolled Member at 11:59 pm on the date that is five years following the Member’s enrollment (the “End Date”). A customer’s
enrollment becomes effective two (2) days after the customer has signed up for the Program.
2. Members will have only until the End Date to redeem their free maintenance. Any maintenances that have not been
performed as at the End Date will expire.
3. Direct Energy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Program at any time by providing 30 days notice on its
website. If events beyond Direct Energy’s control materially affect Direct Energy’s ability to operate the Program, the Program
may be suspended or terminated without notice.
1. Members may cancel their enrollment in the Program at any time during the Term by providing Direct Energy with thirty (30)
days advance written notice. If a Member exercises his right to cancel and the Member has already received his free furnace
maintenance, the Member shall pay Direct Energy the retail value (at the time of cancellation) of the maintenance visit.
2. If a Member ceases to be a Direct Energy water heater rental customer, enrollment in the Program will automatically
terminate. If the Member has already received his free furnace maintenance and his enrollment in the Program is
automatically terminated, the Member will be required to pay Direct Energy the retail value (at the time of termination) of the
3. If a Member moves, he or she shall provide Direct Energy with thirty (30) days advance written notice and enrollment
in the Program will automatically cancel. If the Member has already received his free furnace maintenance, there will be
no charge to the Member.
1. Direct Energy may, in its sole discretion, restrict, suspend or otherwise alter any aspect of the Program, at any time without
notice. Any material changes to these Terms and Conditions, as well as a current version of the Terms and Conditions, will be
posted on the website www.WaterHeaterRewards.com. Notwithstanding any other section of these terms and conditions,
publication of the current version of the Terms and Conditions on the Direct Energy website shall be deemed notice of such
Terms and Conditions, where notice is required or permitted to be given hereunder.
2. The following actions constitute agreement by the Member to all of the Terms and Conditions of the Program, as they
may be amended from time to time:
a. Clicking on the “I accept” link where the Member enrolls online. Before a customer is able to enroll in the Program by clicking
on the “I accept” link, he or she must first access the online version of the Terms and Conditions;
b. Verbal agreement to enroll in the Program where the Member enrolls on the telephone with a customer service representative.
The representative will advise the customer that the Terms and Conditions are posted online and will be subsequently mailed to
the Member in a “welcome package”;
c. Mailing a completed and signed enrollment form to Direct Energy. The enrollment form advises the customer to view the
Terms and Conditions online at www.WaterHeaterRewards.com. Following enrollment, a copy of the Terms and Conditions will
be mailed to the Member in a “welcome package”; or
d. First time usage of the Program benefits.
3. If, in Direct Energy’s sole opinion, a Member abuses any of the Program’s privileges, fails to comply with any of the
Program’s Terms and Conditions or makes any misrepresentation to Direct Energy, Direct Energy may, in its sole discretion,
revoke the Member’s membership in the Program, including forfeiture of any benefits, discounts or promotions, with or
4. Upon suspension or termination of the Program for any reasons whatsoever, Direct Energy will have no liability to any
Member and is automatically released from all claims by Members in respect of such suspension, termination or forfeiture of
benefits, discounts or promotions.
5. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable
therein. All decisions regarding the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions and the administration of the Program, and
any disputes arising therefrom, shall be resolved by Direct Energy in its sole discretion. All such decisions shall be final and
binding on all Program Members.
Special Promotions or Discounts
1. Direct Energy may, from time to time, offer special promotions or discounts on other Direct Energy products and services to
the Program Members. Such special promotions or discounts may be governed by additional or distinct terms and conditions
applicable therein, such terms to be made available at www.WaterHeaterRewards.com
2. Direct Energy reserves the right to make changes to such promotions or discounts in its own discretion at any time.
1. Direct Energy shall maintain the privacy, security and integrity of all personal information collected from Program Members,
such as, but not limited to, name, address, telephone numbers and date of birth. This information will be used to communicate
with the Member, to administer the Member’s account and to offer the Member relevant information, products, services and
rewards. By providing the foregoing information to Direct Energy, the Member consents to Direct Energy using the information
for the uses specified herein.
2. On occasion Direct Energy may collect additional personal information from Program Members on a voluntary basis through
questionnaires or other methods. The membership status of any Member who does not wish to participate will not be affected.
3. Direct Energy will not give, rent or sell its Member lists to any organization or individual. Other than to our affiliates,
authorized service providers or other organizations with which Direct Energy has marketing arrangements, we won’t knowingly
share any personal information with third parties without the Member’s permission, other than a party that we transfer or
assign this agreement to.
4. On occasion, Direct Energy may communicate special offers, information and services to Program Members. Any
Member who does not wish to receive these offers may indicate so on his/her enrollment form in the designated area.
Alternatively, he/she may advise the Customer Service Centre.